Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Poem for Totally Optional Prompts

Totally Optional Prompts offers: Uninvited Guests - what do you do with them?





boisterous birds
shred the silence from

the first warm spring day
shatter my nerves

camera lens reveals
a baker's dozen shriekers

hopping at the diving board
in the pool and out, except

one frightened screamer
who needs skimming

and set aside to dry
his feathers calmed

before the glorious day
resumes its serenity


~~~♥~~~♥~~~

13 comments:

Jeeves said...

Glorious day indeed.

Destinee said...

great poem! though i can't help but have a soft spot for the little "shriekers" :)
goof job!

b said...

Are the robins waking you in the morning too...can't live with them and can't live without them.

b

Rinkly Rimes said...

I like 'his feathers calmed before the glorious day.'

anthonynorth said...

A great interpretation of nature. Felt just right.

Andy Sewina said...

Cool! I like the way the last word of each pair drops onto the first one of the next, if you get my drift!!

Anonymous said...

He was scared by his own sense of adventure. How cute. The advent of summer always brings the unexpected!

gautami tripathy said...

Love that photo and the poem.

strings cross with wires

poefusion said...

love your words/ pic. summer is certainly a time for discovery. and, serenity welcomed after the birds sing song. have a nice day.

Mozi Esme said...

I can just visualize that whole event! Lovely writing.

paisley said...

in your case i guess you skim them and then wait for them to drip dry.....

Kristy Worden said...

I love this! is it a new one? My goodness, the things you find in your pool! Who knew a pool would be such a prolific source of material... I am sorry I'll miss you in ID - you'll pardon me if I hope you have to stay home...
K

Kristy Worden said...

I love this!! I can't believe the things you find in your pool! who knew a pool would be such a source of poetic material.. I'm sorry you won't be home when I'm there - you'll pardon me if I hope your plans fall through..