Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Scribblings


Sunday Scribblings prompt: #132 -- If I had to live at a different time in history - the exercise this week is to decide what era in history you would choose to live in if you couldn't live now. Not just when, but why? While you're at it, how about where? What do you imagine life would be like?



Redux

A combination of some decades and desires create the time in which I'd like to live:

when I was confident of being loved by the gods and no harm could befall me regardless of the risks I took

when music was physical and created a yearn to stop the car on the side of the road in order to dance

when people were more friendly than not and there was space to get away but with enough elasticity to draw me back easily

when there was an ability to keep the black parts hidden and unused instead of hanging them on the clothesline

when discussions about important worldly topics could be held without guns or curses

when safety meant more than government intervention and luck rode bareback

when the Internet provided a library in a box as well as effortless communication with friends and family far and near

Ah, those were the times...



Digital Photo by Sue...

15 comments:

MeowGoddess said...

Dear Goddess Tumblewords,

Sigh!!! I think I lived in these times with you.

And our holding the sacred space and vision in our hearts will bring these times back for our future generations.

Thank you for reMINDing me of your interpretation of those wonderful times.

Wishing you,
Peace & Love, Just Because,
Goddess Diana

Tammy Brierly said...

How clever this was! "Luck rode bareback" was a wonderful expression.

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of mixing and matching the best of everything.

Anonymous said...

Those DO sound like lovely times. I don't think I ever lived then. :)

susan said...

Love the deep yearning conveyed here. The clothesline line is memorable. Enjoyed this.

Anonymous said...

Seven well described images of blissful completeness. I like them all, the first one in particular :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice idea...

anthonynorth said...

I want to live then! One day I will.
Beautiful.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Eutopia? Who would have thought then was better when we are always striving for better, but seem to be taking 2 steps back as a society?

Kristi Tencarre said...

utopic, but that was a time. So sad it's gone.

ps. Have you ever finished the 50K with NaNoWriMo??? Got any tips for a newbie??? :-)

Kristi Tencarre said...

Thanks so much for getting back to me! Congrats on the finishes and self publication! That's awesome. I wish you luck this November!!!
:-)

Stan Ski said...

All these things together at the same time - I'm packing my bags and going there.

Beth Camp said...

I love the way your response to Sunday Scribblings looks forward and back, creating its own inviting time. The flower image too adds beauty through that balance between order and nature.

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

lovely , I wonder if that time would ever come !

Robin said...

It sounds like utter bliss. Oh to be able to live in that world, if only for a little while.