Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wabi Sabi Simple, Page 123




Barbara, owner of Silverwheel Astrology, tagged me for this meme.

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Ordinarily, I don't do tags but strangely enough I had bookmarked this page a few days ago! So...

Wabi Sabi Simple by Richard R. Powell
Three sentences from page 123.

The amygdala and the other structures of the limbic system have been in the animal population for millions of years, and they function largely automatically, coordinated and mediated by the cortex in more evolved animals. The cortex sorts and compares experiences and proves more accurate and discriminating abilities.

We humans also have a neocortex, an additional layer of cells in our brains that allows us not only to sort and compare experiences, but also to think about them, and speculate about them, and imagine events based on the experiences we have already had.

Tagging:
Sherry, Noah, Andree, Skittles, Michelle

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh thanks!!! I've done this one before, but since I LOVE books, I'll happily do it again. :)

Q said...

Dear Sue,
A fun meme!
Thanks, I will play!
Sherry

Barbara Palliser said...

how fantastic that you had bookmarked page 123! I love it!

Granny Smith said...

What fun!

My email server is being stubborn about sending today. Instead please look at my blog. I have a little something for you there (the 3rd blog down. This just isn't my day for blogging successfully!)

poefusion said...

I stopped by to say thanks for tagging me before but, I don't think it went through. So, thanks. I have seen this tag around for some time now and thought it was a good one. I will post my p. 123 on shadesofmj tomorrow. Have a nice night.