Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Joker's Game


Totally Optional Prompts offers 'smoke and mirrors' as the Thursday prompt. A great meme, please feel free to join in...



**


come play with me
curled finger beckoned
disappeared into the haze

ticket vanished
I sped into the game
seeking, searching

slipped, fell, rose again
door banged shut
the mirror went black

magicians' rule ~
now you have it
no, you don’t

against the wall
head to brick
without a chance

the die was cast
a winner named
before I joined the game

**



9 comments:

Stan Ski said...

causes me to think just how many things we do are no more than entries into a lottery

paisley said...

very visual... i can see the first one as if there was a smiling little child trying to engage me....

anthonynorth said...

Truly in the spirit of the prompt.
Excellent.

Anonymous said...

you did a really good job of the prompt, I would have played too but am short on time, it was a great one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this prompt. I liked it very much. And your poem is great as always!

I loved the third stanza!

mindplay

Smalltown RN said...

Stopping by to thank you for the visit to my blog....you are one creative person....writing and drawing have never been my forte....it seems to come so naturally to you

Goodnight, Mom said...

Hi there! Haven't been here for a bit. I really enjoyed this poem. My heart raced for the person. What will happen? I really, really liked the visuals.

Kristi

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this poem and liked it's playful edge. It has great visual movement. Thank you for the prompt this week, it was inspiring!

Thanks also for stopping by to check out my new poem. L

Andy Sewina said...

Phew, sometimes you just can't win.. I like the way you told it - as it is..
Love the fractal too, if you let your eyes go crosseyed, you can make it spin..