Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fibonacci Numbers, Poetry

According to Wikipedia, the Fibonacci numbers are defined by a recurrence relation. After two beginning values, each following number is the total of the two preceding numbers. Poetically, syllabic lines would read 1 1 2 3 5 8

An exploding fad of using this mathematical formula to compose poetry caught my attention because I'm fond of haiku, senyru, fractals and all things brief.

Here are my first two attempts at this process. Fib comments are welcomed!

breeze
breathes
through grass
brushes bird's
fuzz to Idol do
chirruping commences on cue



she
did
progress ~
gigabytes
from gray old graphite,
still misses nibbling erasers



2 comments:

stebbijo said...

Wow - that is technical! I think the Unbearable Bob would appreciate this - he is real word master. I will have to try it - when I am through doing gadgets, I will become a poet. There is always something to look forward to as a blogger!

Naturegirl said...

A challenge for sure..I love the art image!